Psi Chi General Information
What is Psi Chi?
Psi Chi is the national honors society in psychology. Our club strives to provide information, lectures, social events, and networking opportunities in the psychology department for our members.
Psi Chi is an international honor society whose purpose shall be to encourage, stimulate, and maintain excellence in scholarship of the individual members in all fields, particularly in psychology, and to advance the science of psychology.
The mission of Psi Chi is to produce a well-educated, ethical, and socially responsible member committed to contributing to the science and profession of psychology and to society in general.
In pursuit of our mission we will:
- Advance the science and profession of psychology.
- Promote an educational experience consistent with the mission.
- Promote ethical and socially responsible members and leaders.
- Define and establish an organizational structure that promotes our mission.
- Recognize and foster the contributions that diversity makes to the science and practice of psychology.
Applications for Spring 2014 are available under the "Applications" tab. In addition to the application, please give an officer a copy of your DARS and a check for $90 or bring it into our office, LS114. The deadline to turn in an application is March 20.
* NOTE! To achieve an active status in Psi Chi, you must earn 18 points during a semester regardless of when you are accepted. You can start earning points before you are accepted. So feel free to participate right away!
How do I know if I've been accepted into Psi Chi?
An email will be sent to you
What are points and what does it mean to be active?
Points are earned by attending events and meetings. In order to be "active" you must earn 18 points each semester. Many members earn more than that because points are so easily accessible. For each Psi Chi meeting, you earn 1 point. We also offer points for attending events, lectures, brown bags, walks, socials. and more! Once you are active for 2 semester, you will earn chords for graduation.
Active membership means that you have earned 18 points for two semesters.You can count one semester of active membership in Psych Club towards Psi Chi. Note: you must be accepted into Psi Chi to be active in Psi Chi.
Where are the meetings?
Fall 2014 meetings will be held on Wednesdays from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM in PS130